The Department of Turkish Studies and Inner Asian Peoples of the Faculty of Oriental Studies at the University of Warsaw has the pleasure to announce The Sixth International Congress of Turkology Studies on the Turkic World – Multidisciplinary Perspectives that will take place on September 18th-20th 2020 (http://orient.uw.edu.pl/the-sixth-international-congress-of-turkology/).
The main area of interest of the Sixth Congress will be contemporary studies and research on culture, including history, politics, economy, art, language and literature of Turkic peoples and Turkey, as well as geographical areas inhabited by Turks today and in the past. The discussions will be focused on the multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach and problems of contemporary studies as well as their perspectives and challenges.
Taking into account the current world politics, the research results presented during the Congress might be used in solving the problems of our world, especially those resulting from intercultural contacts and the conflicts that such contacts might sometimes cause.
Please find below the main topics of the The Sixth International Congress of Turkology:
- History and politics
- Language and linguistics
- Traditional culture and contemporary life style
- Beliefs and religious systems
- Social problems
- Fine arts
- Research methodology and theoretical approaches within Turkic studies
- Organization and financial support for Turkic studies within international projects.
Moreover, we are going to organize several plenary sessions as well, such as:
- Polish emigrants and their role in the Ottoman Empire in the Tanzimat period
- The contributions of the Turks to the science and culture of the world
Languages of the Congress:
The language of the Congress is English. However, the participants may present their papers in Turkish and Russian as well. Please note that every session will be delivered only in one of the above mentioned languages.
Paper proposals should be sent in English, Turkish or Russian.
Papers will be presented within 15-20 minutes personally by the author and each session will end with a discussion. Persons willing to propose a thematic panel are kindly asked to make sure that they will include not less than four and no more than five participants. Application forms have been attached at the end of this Call for Papers.
Please send your application to the organizers to email address:
The organizers of the Congress plan to publish abstracts, and after the Congress, papers will be published in open access as a post-conference book, devoted to the topics discussed during the Congress.
For further information please visit: http://orient.uw.edu.pl/the-sixth-international-congress-of-turkology/ .
The Congress will take place in Warsaw, in the “Stary BUW” (Old Library of the University of Warsaw), ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, Warsaw, Poland.
- Deadline for sending abstracts and panel proposals: 31st of March 2020.
- Information about the acceptance of proposals will be sent by: 7th of April 2020.
- Deadline for payment of registration fee: 15th of June 2020.
Information regarding the schedule and programme of the Congress will be sent to the participants by e-mail before the Congress.
- Prof. Piotr Taracha (University of Warsaw)
- Prof. Tadeusz Majda (University of Warsaw)
- Prof. Mustafa Balcı (İstanbul University)
- Prof. Jale Demirci (Ankara University)
- Prof. Özturk Emiroğlu (University of Warsaw)
- Prof. Éva Kinces-Nagy (University of Szeged)
- Prof. Yunus Koç (Hacettepe University)
- Prof. Yaqup Mahmudov (Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences)
- Prof. Galina Miskiniene (Vilnius University)
- Prof. Gulgaisha Sagidolda (L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University)
- Prof. Ewa Siemieniec-Gołaś (Jagiellonian University in Kraków)
- Prof. Jerzy Tulisow (University of Warsaw)
Department of Turkish Studies and Inner Asian Peoples, University of Warsaw
- Dr. habil. Agata Bareja-Starzyńska,
- Dr. Marzena Godzińska
- Dr. Kamila Barbara Stanek
- Dr. Anna Sulimowicz-Keruth
- Dr. Agnieszka Zastawna-Templin
- Dr. Joanna Dolińska
- Dr. Shahla Kazimova
- Dr. Nargiz Akhundova
- Anna Banasiak, M.A.
- Nilüfer Karadavut, M.A.
- Beata Kryśkiewicz, M.A.
All participants of the Congress presenting their papers (including all co-authors) need to pay the full conference fee. The bank transfer costs should be covered by the participants.
|Conference fees||Until 15h June 2020||After 15th June and before 15th July 2020|
|450 PLN (Polish zloty), approx. 120 Euro||550 PLN (Polish zloty), approx. 150 Euro|
The registration fee should be paid by money transfer. The bank account number will be sent to the participants together with the letter of acceptance.
.ABSTRACT, DESCRIPTION OF A PAPER (200-250 words + keywords)
- Paper_proposal [doc]